Pediatric Language, Literacy & Speech Outcomes Lab
Dr. Karla Washington is the Director of the Pediatric Language, Literacy & Speech (PedLLS) Outcomes Lab which is housed in the French East Building, University of Cincinnati. We employ the theoretical framework offered by the World Health Organization (WHO), the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health – Children and Youth (ICF-CY; WHO, 2007) to promote a broad view of health and well-being to guide our clinical and research practices in national and international settings.
We are currently seeking PhD students who are interested in child language development and disorders with a focus on applying theory to clinical research practice. Prospective students should contact Dr. Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PedLLS Students Awards/Achievements
- Megan McDonald
- 2014-15 Students Preparing for Academic-Research Careers (SPARC) Award, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: Validity and Reliability of the Intelligibility in Context Scale - Jamaican Creole 2014 SPARC Recipients
- 2014-15 Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) at CCHMC Trainee: Tuition and Research Stipend
- Lauren Mikhail
- 2014 Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Scholar, University of Cincinnati WISE Scholars
- Lauren McKinney
- 2014-16 Yates Scholarship
- Caiti Waldo
- 2014-15 LEND at CCHMC Trainee: Tuition and Research Stipend