Charles Henry Elliott
Instructor - Adj
CAHS Master of Health Administration - 0394
Dr. Charles H. Elliott, DHSc, PA-C is the course director of Global Health for the Master of Health Administration Program at the University of Cincinnati. He is the Founder and Principal of Corporate Medical Consulting, LLC, (CMC). He is a former adjunct professor of the Doctor Health Sciences degree program at the A.T. Still University and of the Master of Health Administration program at the University of Phoenix. Additionally, he served as an invited member on the Graduate School Advisory Board at the University of Phoenix.
Dr. Elliott obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, a Master’s in Occupational and Environmental Medicine, a Doctorate in Health Sciences and completed the University of Cincinnati's Mini- Residency in Occupational Medicine. Memberships include the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the American College of Healthcare Executives and the International Society of Travel Medicine. He was a nationally board-certified Physician Assistant (PA) in primary care since 1980.
He completed a highly successful 35-year career with Ashland, Inc., a global specialty chemical and oil company. He spent the last 10 years there as Global Director of Medical Affairs, overseeing and directing medical programs in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin America and South America. In his role, he was involved in programs with the World Health Organization, International SOS, and the Centers for Disease Control. Programs were in two broad areas:
- Medical Compliance Programs- OSHA and DOT medical, Substance Abuse Testing, HIPAA and ADA medical compliance, Automatic External Defibrillator management program, global HF Acid medical management program and work injury management, medical record keeping and four in-plant clinics
- Personal Health Programs- ADA/FMLA case management, international travel, Employee Assistance Program, various personal health initiatives and two in-house modern exercise facilities. Internal consulting was provided to Corporate Benefits groups on projects related to medical quality assurance, cost control and utilization review of programs.
- Ashland Inc.- Valvoline, Specialty Chemicals, Electronic Chemicals, Performance Materials, Water Technologies, International Specialty Products (ISP), Drew Marine.
- ASK Chemicals- one of the world's largest foundry chemicals producers.
- Nexeo Solutions, LLC- global distribution company