Professor - Research Volunteer
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
Objective: Accelerate industry - academic partnerships by catalyzing relationship building, motivating sponsored cooperative research, enabling growth of academic contribution to industry practices, and normalizing resource identification for each, academic and industry partners.
Summary of my experiences
- Currently serving as Engineering Director, Venti-Now, an Ohio registered not for profit, developing and delivering US FDA authorized respiratory ventilators to the nations of East Africa, and the Philippines. (See: www.venti-now.org)
- Over 41 years’ industry experience in product technical engineering, quality engineering, reliability engineering, and development of computer aided engineering methods and managing their applications for consumer product design and manufacturing process applications. These applications include capital management, facilities engineering, health, safety & environmental engineering, engineering design systems, capital purchases, supply network design, innovation management, process engineering, and supply operations policy optimization and executional excellence.
- Visiting Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Computer, Computational, & Statistical Sciences Division. 2002-2017
- Procter & Gamble PI for cooperative research and development projects with:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory in production system reliability engineering.
- Sandia National Laboratory in disordered structures modeling and simulation.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for multiscale systems engineering projects including polymer reinforcement models & simulations, material formulation, and material characterization and performance experiments.
- University of Cincinnati regarding manufacturing system design optimization, construction plan optimization, and procurement sequence optimization.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute regarding supply chain dynamics, optimization, and control.
- University of Cincinnati, Chair of the Research Committee of the External Advisory Board, Mechanical & Materials Engineering Department, 2012-2017
- Panel Member, US Air Force Manufacturing Technology (AFManTech) Program Review, 2012.
- Integrated Manufacturing Technology Initiative, Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors 2000-2010,
- University of Cincinnati, Co-Chairman of the Industrial Advisory Board, Mechanical, Industrial and Nuclear Engineering Department 2006-2009,
- National Institute of Standards & Technology, Panelist and contributing author, First Part Correct 2002;
- Integrated Manufacturing Technology Roadmapping, Member, Red Team Roadmap on Modeling and Simulation 1998.
- Procter & Gamble, PRISM Society (highest award for Technical Engineering achievements, profitably applied.) Member 2004 –2019. Committee Chair 2008-2018.
- R&D100 Award 2003
- Council for Chemical Research, Collaboration Success Award 2004
Bachelors of Engineering Mechanical Engineering (BEME),
City College of New York, 1978.
Co-inventor of multiple methods patents (US and World) on Reliability Engineering, Computer Aided Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation