Joan M. Murdock
Associate Professor - Clinical, Program Director (MHA)
CAHS School of Social Work - 0108
1515 French Hall
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0108
Joan Murdock, Ph.D., MHSA is Program Director of the Master of Health Administration degree program (online) and Associate Professor at the University of Cincinnati, College of Allied Health Sciences. Dr. Murdock has background and experience in the health care clinical setting in hospital administration and radiologic technology. She served as Vice-President and Assistant Vice-President at two Cincinnati hospitals. Her areas of study and teaching include the following; health care delivery systems, health care organization and management, health policy and population health, and quality care management. Additionally, she is a founding member of the UC Latino Health Collaborative and is active in health care professional associations including membership on the AUPHA Graduate Program Directors Committee. Dr. Murdock served as a consultant for the American College of Surgeons, Commission of Cancer, developing Cancer Registries and Collaborative hospital-wide cancer programs.
Currently, Dr. Murdock serves as the chairperson for the Master of Health Administration Stakeholders Committee, the UC Center for Continuous Professional Development Committee and the UC College of Pharmacy Advisory Board for the Master of Science in Pharmacy Leadership Program.
Dr. Murdock obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Urban Studies with a specialization in Urban Health Care from Boston University. She holds the “Gerontology Specialist in Aging Graduate Certificate”, as well as, a Master’s in Health Services Administration from the University of Michigan. Dr. Murdock obtained her PhD in 2000 from the Union Institute and University, specified in Health Care Management and Cultural Diversity in Health Care.
Her research includes:
- Comparative Results of Utilizing the Intercultural Development Inventory with Master of Health Administration students and Pre-Med Students (2018-Present)
- Return on Investment (ROI) Analyses of an In-Patient Lay Health Worker Model on 30-Day Readmission Rates in a Rural Community Hospital (2016-2017)
- Results of Student Competency Self-Assessments at Program
Degree Program (2015)
- The Impact of a Mentoring Component as Part of a Physician
- Physician Development Education and Its Impact on Increased
- Health Professions Education Collaborative-Inter Professional
and its Impact on Learners’ Knowledge, Skills and Beliefs
- Principal Co-Investigator, Evaluation of a Faculty Development Program in Inter Professional Teamwork and Healthcare Improvement (2010-2014)
- Latino Health Collaborative-University- Community Partnerships to Improve The Health of Latinos and Vulnerable Populations in Greater Cincinnati (2007-Present)
- Principal Co-Investigator, “Describing the Professional Characteristics Of Underrepresented Minority Genetic Counselors,” (2004-2006)
Grant: #9600746 Investigators:Murdock, Joan 09-01-2010 -01-15-2014 Physicians Foundation, The UC Physician Leadership Program Role:PI $78,000.00 Active Level:Private Non-Profit
Academic - 1515 French Hall
Cincinnati Ohio, 45221-0108